Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I've been making this one for years, but I didn't see anything like it already posted so I thought I'd share. It's great for breakfast, but I usually make it for dinner so I can bring it for lunch the next day :)
- 1 uncooked pie crust
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 small onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line pie crust with 2 layers of foil and bake for about 8 minutes or until crust is dry but not brown(otherwise it will have a very soggy crust).
- Once pie crust is dry, Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- meanwhile, fry bacon till crisp and reserve 1 tbsp of bacon drippings for the onions.
- chop onion into small pieces and fry in 1 tbsp bacon drippings until soft.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk and flour and salt.
- Crumble bacon into egg mixture and stir in onions and cheese.
- Pour into pie crust and bake in 350F oven for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.