Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
this was the first quiche I ever ate or made all in one. In fact I posted this and the picture right after consuming 2 slices! I would have added mushrooms and spinach if I had them but this was yummy just like this.
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, chopped (great use for leftover ham!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced and sauteed until tender
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 9 inches deep dish pie shells, thawed
- in a bowl mix the eggs, milk, parmesan cheese and the seasonings. Beat with a wire whisk until well combined.
- add in the cheddar, ham, cooked shallots, and the tomato. Mix with a spoon.
- pour into the pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, (I place it on a cookie sheet).
I haven't tried the recipe but it certainly "a thing of beauty".
I've now made this twice. Once with the listed ham & cheese and the second with all veggies. Both times I used a refrigerated rolled pie crust. Both quiches were excellent. I liked that this uses milk instead of cream and how easy it is to prepare. Thank you for sharing the recipe!