Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm going through an old church cookbook I got many years ago, and found this. I'd made it back when I was a new wife and hadn't many "tried and true" recipes or many cooking skills. It's been years since I made it, but to my recollection it was easy and tasty.
- 9 inch pie crusts (purchased frozen crust)
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese or 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- mushroom, from jar drained (optional)
- 283.49 g package frozen broccoli or 283.49 g package frozen spinach
- 236.59 ml ham or 236.59 ml bacon or 236.59 ml shrimp or 236.59 ml crab, chopped
- Bake crust for about 15 minutes.
- Cook broccoli and chip into bite-size chunks. (If using spinach, just thaw and drain.) Put broccoli or spinach into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Mix remaining ingredients, including your choice of meat, and pour over the broccoli.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F, until knife comes out clean.
This was really good! I added ground turkey, bacon, sauteed onions and mozzarella cheese instead of swiss, topped with another crust and it was AMAZING!! I knew it was more than my pie pan would hold so I did it in a casserole dish and it made a ton of food! I'll definitely be making this again!
I enjoyed this dish very much and found it very easy to make. I would recommend halving the ingredients or using a deep dish pie crust, as I had more than enough for one pie crust.
We thought this was a pretty good base to the quiche, and enjoyed the texture of it, but the flavor really needed a boost. Maybe next time I'll add some herbs or spices and switch out one of the cheeses to something with bolder flavor(bleu or gorgonzola maybe). Thanks for sharing.