Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorites! It freezes really well. Just cut them into desired squares and when your ready, just take them out and microwave them for a couple of minutes.
- Boil water and salt and cook the veggies until tender.
- Grease a 9x13 glass pan (or spray with non stick cooking spray).
- Drain veggies and put into pan.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, pancake mix, salt and pepper.
- Pour over veggies and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes.
- I also had small pieces of cooked ham or bacon once in a while, just for a change.
My husband & I enjoyed this. I like that this recipe has lots of veggies. I used a 16 oz bag each of broccoli & cauliflower, and I used frozen pepper strips too. I microwaved the veggies instead of boiling them. I also included ham. It looked gorgeous when I took it out after 50 minutes, but when I cut it, it oozed liquid. Maybe I should have drained the veggies better, but it was fine after cooking for another 20 minutes. And I'm on a gluten free diet, so instead of the pancake mix, I used Bob's Red Mill GF Flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 3/4 tsp xantham gum.