Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorites! It freezes really well. Just cut them into desired squares and when your ready, just take them out and microwave them for a couple of minutes.
- Boil water and salt and cook the veggies until tender.
- Grease a 9x13 glass pan (or spray with non stick cooking spray).
- Drain veggies and put into pan.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, pancake mix, salt and pepper.
- Pour over veggies and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes.
- I also had small pieces of cooked ham or bacon once in a while, just for a change.
My husband & I enjoyed this. I like that this recipe has lots of veggies. I used a 16 oz bag each of broccoli & cauliflower, and I used frozen pepper strips too. I microwaved the veggies instead of boiling them. I also included ham. It looked gorgeous when I took it out after 50 minutes, but when I cut it, it oozed liquid. Maybe I should have drained the veggies better, but it was fine after cooking for another 20 minutes. And I'm on a gluten free diet, so instead of the pancake mix, I used Bob's Red Mill GF Flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 3/4 tsp xantham gum.