Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good breakfast meal that I got from my highschool cookbook.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesliced Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease pie plate.
- Stir baking mix and margarine until mixed. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms.
- Press in bottom and side of pie plate, forming edge on rim of pie plate.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onions over crust. Beat half-and-half, eggs, salt and red pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until edge is brown and center is set.