Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy one for a quick dessert- good for parties, or when you want a sweet treat at home...but fall isn't chilly enough yet to have that oven going. I LOVE pumpkin pie, but sometimes I just wish it was more...decadent, less hearty. That's where this idea came from. This is a cold pie...so it involves no cooking, but does need to set up in the fridge for a few hours.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, no-bake
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 1 cup milk, any percent
- pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Mix 1 cup milk and 1 pacakge 3.4 oz Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix into mixing bowl with a whisk, for one minute. (Feel free to add a little tiny bit extra milk if it seems REALLY thick-but keep in mind, it's pie -- you want it to set rather firm.).
- Mix into bowl 1/2 15oz can of Pumpkin Pie Filling. (If you have just pumpkin in a can, you will might need to add premixed pumpkin spice seasoning; or add cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, to taste. The pudding is already seasoned so you might find yourself pleased with the results as-is.) Whisk well, so it is evenly distributed and not clumpy.
- At this point you can do one of two things. If you want a simple two-layer pie, skip to step 4. If you want a three layer pie, spoon 3-4 generous spoonfulls of the Pumpkin/Pudding mixture into the Graham ready-crust and spread evenly. You want a relatively thin layer here.
- Add to your mixing bowl 1/2 of your Cool Whip tub, approx 4 oz, and mix with whisk. You don't have to be EXACT with this, because the leftovers will serve as topping; and you can't fit an entire half a tub on the top of the pie. So, be generous with this step. A little extra Cool Whip in the mix never hurt anybody.
- Now, take the Pumpkin/Pudding/Whip mixture and spoon it in to fill in the pie crust almost to the top.
- Use the remainder of your Cool Whip to make a topping for the pie. Smooth it with the back of your spoon. Sprinkle with a very light garnish of pumpkin spice seasoning, or cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, etc for a finished look.
- Let set in the fridge approximately 3 hours, or until firm.
I too love pumpkin pie, all year long! In my area we only have 3 grocery stores. I could not find pumpkin spice pudding mix. I used Vanilla Instant Pudding instead and put a 1/4 c extra canned pumpkin. It did the job. It was wonderful and everyone loved the pie. Thanks!!