Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although it isn’t always fall; this is versatile & can be delightful any time.
Make and share this Easy Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chopped onions until soft and golden brown.
- Heat the broth in a good-sized pot, add pumpkin slowly, and bring to a partial boil.
- Stir in onions, milk, polenta, honey, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, salt, and pepper (pressed garlic might be suitable at this time).
- Make sure that the ingredients do not clump but are spread throughout the soup.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or longer until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed and dissolved and so the soup is thoroughly heated.
- If at this point it seems chunkier or thicker than desired; use an immersion blender or a regular one to liquefy the soup and blend in the onions.
- Serve warm with pieces of bread if desired.
Yummy creamy pumpkin soup! I also think it is fantastic served cold. Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe. BRAVO!