Recipe by Outta Here
This is an easy recipe that uses canned pumpkin, the crockpot, and doesn't need pureeing. Could be done stove-top also. Just saute the leeks first, in some butter until soft, then add to rest of ingredients and cook until heated through.
- 3 (1190.67 g) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 2 medium leeks, sliced (white part and some of the green)
- 9.85 ml ground sage
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 236.59 ml fat-free half-and-half
- parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, pumpkin, leeks, sage, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a 3 1/2-quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese, if desired.