Prep 8 mins
Cook 5 mins
Major yummy! Briefly heating together the pumpkin and spices allows the sugar to blend more easily and makes the kitchen smell fabulous! Try this with spice cake, pumpkin bars, oatmeal or molasses cookies or hot apple pie. Prep time includes overnight freezing.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, briefly heat together the pumpkin, brown sugar and spices until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Combine pumpkin mixture thoroughly with softened vanilla ice cream; spoon into a small loaf pan, cover and freeze until solid.
Very good! I am not even a huge pumpkin fan and enjoyed this ice cream. I would cut the ice cream to perhaps a little less, but it has a wonderful, rich, pumpkin taste!
What a great recipe; tastes like you made it from scratch and it's so easy and fool-proof. The perfect cool and refreshing finish to a trytophan-laden meal.