Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
We love this pie! I am not much of a baker but this is so simple and so good. DH has tried other people's pumpkin pies and store bought pies at Thanksgiving and says they just don't compare to mine. I always make 2. One for the family and one just for him. Try it, I don't think you will be dissapointed.
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (do not use evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I actually use less than this)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- With mixer, beat pumpkin, Eagle® Brand, eggs, spices, and salt.
- Pour into Ready Crust®.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
I made this for Thanksgiving.. it was so delish! Wish I made 2. I did add 1 tsp of vanilla and used ground clove instead of ginger (i didnt have the latter). Thanks for sharing! I will make this again!
Bravo Little Bee! This pie is terrific! I have been looking for something a bit out of the norm, but totally delicious and you have it right here. This absolutely couldn't of been easier to put together, and the sweetened condensed milk was very special and very tasty. I used a "pumpkin spice" mix I had put together and added 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Perfect, thank you Little Bee, will keep this recipe close at hand.
This pie set up better than any pumpkin pie I've ever made. It is very good but I felt something was missing and now I think that "something" might be cloves. It just didn't seem quite spicy enough for our tastes. I will make this again, but will use the spice mixture from the evaporated milk recipe. Thanks for posting!