Recipe by Little Bee
We love this pie! I am not much of a baker but this is so simple and so good. DH has tried other people's pumpkin pies and store bought pies at Thanksgiving and says they just don't compare to mine. I always make 2. One for the family and one just for him. Try it, I don't think you will be dissapointed.
Top Review by EJBR
Wow, after reading the reviews, I hate to challenge them, but I am. I found the texture to be more 'cakey' than 'creamy'. I can only guess the sweetened condensed milk altered what using evaporated milk does. Good to know. I trashed the pie and will do the same to the recipe. Not a favorite.
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (do not use evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I actually use less than this)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- With mixer, beat pumpkin, Eagle® Brand, eggs, spices, and salt.
- Pour into Ready Crust®.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.