Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
We love this pie! I am not much of a baker but this is so simple and so good. DH has tried other people's pumpkin pies and store bought pies at Thanksgiving and says they just don't compare to mine. I always make 2. One for the family and one just for him. Try it, I don't think you will be dissapointed.
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (do not use evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I actually use less than this)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- With mixer, beat pumpkin, Eagle® Brand, eggs, spices, and salt.
- Pour into Ready Crust®.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This pie set up better than any pumpkin pie I've ever made. It is very good but I felt something was missing and now I think that "something" might be cloves. It just didn't seem quite spicy enough for our tastes. I will make this again, but will use the spice mixture from the evaporated milk recipe. Thanks for posting!
A good recipe....but I tweked it a bit.... I add a pinch of black pepper to it and less salt... The black pepper actually brings out the flavor
Very good...simple, easy, and people always seem to like it.