Rich and Creamy Pumpkin Soup with lots of flavor. A friend tore the recfipe out of a magazine for me. I believe it was Better Home and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan melt butter a medium heat. Add onion and garlic , and cook until tender.
- 2Stir in red pepper and cook for about a minute more.
- 3Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Add orzo (or rice).
- 5Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes (orzo) or 40 minutes (wild rice).
- 6Combine dairy and flour in a tupperware container. Close the lid and shake briskly to reduce lumps.
- 7Stir into orzo mixture and cook until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 8Stir in pumpkin, heat through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pumpkin Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 509.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g