Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is taken from the WW New Complete Cookbook, and it's one of my favorite recipes in the book! We make several batches of these every fall.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps raisins
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, then sprinkle lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, raisins, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, egg, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture; stir until just combined. (Do not over mix).
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about 2/3 full; sprinkle with the walnuts. Bake until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 10 minutes; remove and serve warm.
These mix together really quickly and turn out nice and light. I had one for breakfast and froze the rest for future meals. This is definitely a repeater!