Recipe by DrGaellon
French in a Flash: Easy Pumpkin-Maple Breakfast Souffles | Serious Eats : Recipes http://bit.ly/hCrdoZ
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 375°F In medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, pumpkin, maple syrup, nutmeg, and pinch of salt until well combined.
- In large clean bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Transfer one heaping spoonful (about 1/4 of the total) of whipped egg whites to the yolk mixture. Stir vigorously to incorporate. Then, pour the yolk mixture gently into whites, and fold gently with rubber spatula until just incorporated.
- Pour souffle batter into six 6-ounce ramekins on small rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven, and immediately reduce temperature to 350°F Bake until puffed up and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately, with extra warm maple syrup on side.