Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A family favorite and takes minutes to put together.! Adjust the spices to taste.
Top Review by under12parsecs
This was SOOOOO good. The flavor is so similar to pumpkin pie without all the work. I added about a tablespoon of bourbon to the pumpkin mixture because I love baking with liquor! The one thing I wondered about (and maybe someone out there can answer this) was the cake mix was difficult to cover completely with the butter (at least I wasn't patient enought to drizzle it really well) and the parts I missed were just powdery...Has anyone ever mixed the melted butter with the cake mix and then crumbled it over the top?
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (can use more sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (or use white cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and evaporated milk.
- Pour into a prepared baking pan.
- Sift the cake mix powder evenly over the pumpkin mixture (do not mix).
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the cake mix; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 40-50 mins, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.