Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix together pumpkin, eggs, spice, milk, and sugar. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top.
- Pour melted butter over top and then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until set. Serve with ice cream or cool whip.
This was so good!! very easy to put together too .. I used nonfat milk instead of evaporated, and it was great!! definitely a keeper
I made this tonight for the first time and used Gluten-free yellow cake mix. I took it to a party and no one knew the difference. It was a hit with kids and adults alike! Friends even asked for the recipe. I actually used more butter to coat the dry cake mix, and I sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on the top. Instead of walnuts, I used cashews. I liked the salty against the sweet of the dessert. And to keep the cashews from burning, I covered the pan with foil until the last 10 minutes or so. A definite keeper! Thanks.
This recipe was so easy to make, and all of my guests enjoyed it. I used regular milk, and also used 2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp each of nutmeg and allspice since I didn't have pumpkin pie spice. Served it with cool whip -yum!