2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Rainbow - Chef 536866's Note:
This recipe uses Jiffy mix, canned pumpkin and a little cinnamon. You might tweak it as you like. I'm experimenting with my 1.5 quart slow cooker. The cooking time is approximate, and during the last 1/2 hour I did take the lid off and let the steam out a couple of times so it would bake a bit better, otherwise it is soooo moist that it is heavy. You can let me know if you remove the lid or not and how moist or dry yours turns out. I added some raisins too. The sides come out a bit crusty, which I like. I lined the bottom of the crock with parchment paper and then greased it with the crock so the cornbread will slide out better. It really doesn't get any easier than this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line the bottom of a 1.5 quart crock with parchment paper.
- 2Grease the crock & paper with the butter or margarine.
- 3Put cornbread mix into a bowl and add the cinnamon.
- 4Break egg into another bowl and add the water to that and then stir it a bit to break the yolk.
- 5Put the 1/3 can of pumpkin on top of the cornbread mix and then add the egg and water. Combine. Mixture will be a little lumpy.
- 6Pour the mixture into the crock and turn the slow cooker onto high.
- 7Let it bake for 2 hours and then lift the lid to test with a toothpick. It probably won't be done so set the timer for another half hour and lift the lid and check again. It should be near done or done. If not give it another 15 minutes or so. The top will not turn brown, but the sides will.
- 8To remove from the crock, slide a knife around the sides and then turn the crock upside-down over a plate. It should slide out, and then turn it over on another plate and serve the cute little round thing.
- 9Makes 4 muffin sized servings.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pumpkin Cornbread in a Crockpot
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 694.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g