Recipe by rsarahl
Versatile fall favorite in our house. Great with spiced coffee or chai. Tasty kid approved treat - our toddler loves slices of this cake when it's still warm from the oven. Serve warm slices of cake with vanilla ice cream or warm homemade custard sauce and whipped cream for an excellent dessert. Fabulous, no matter how you slice it!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (1 lb) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend at low speed for 1 minute if using stand mixer or until completely moistened if mixing by hand.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed if using stand mixer, or whisk for 2 minutes until batter is smooth and slightly lighter in color than when you began.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, flour, softened butter, and cinnamon with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, until center springs back when touched lightly.