Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve these brownies with whipped topping or frost them with a cream cheese frosting. Garnish with candied corn or sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top of the frosting.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (176 celsius).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix together pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until center springs back when touched.
- Serve with whipped topping or frost with a cream cheese frosting.
- Garnish with candied corn or sprinkle with nuts if desired.
I'm sorry, it was pretty good but it was not even close to being brownies which was really disappointing. I followed the recipe to a T and it came out to be a really dense breadlike cake that I had to bake for an hour at 250 just so the middle would cook.
This was a really good dessert. I thought I was more like a cake though. It could've been my fault, I didn't stir in the final ingredients, I went ahead and used the mixer. Maybe that was what happened. I didn't matter. They it was still great, cake or brownies. Not too sweet or spicy, but not bland either. Will make again. Thanks for sharing.