Recipe by Janet4
This can be calorie reduced by using the diet bread, skim milk and skim Pet milk. You can use just egg whites and you can substitute Sweet 'n Low for the sugar.
- 1 can large pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 4 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 cups bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the bread cubes and raisins in a buttered 3 quart oven dish.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, start with the eggs, and beat them, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and pour egg mixture evenly over bread.
- Stir around a bit to make sure all the bread is coated.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the pudding is puffy and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- (Yes, it will fall in the center. The eggs cause this to happen)