Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is sweet, moist and easy to make! The original recipe called for cinnamon & nutmeg...items I have on hand BUT I accidentally bought canned pumpkin pie mix instead of plain ole canned pumpkin. So I omitted the spices, cut back on the sugar and went with the pie mix...IT IS DELICIOUS-and fool proof! I used 6 aluminum mini loaf pans so that I could gift the bread. But the original recipe calls for 2 loaf pans. You choose! Serving sizes, yield and cooking times vary depending on what type and number of loaf pans used.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of your loaf pans. I used spray oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil. I use a whisk always, but you can use an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat well. Set sugar mixture aside.
- In another large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and water to the sugar mixture. Beat after each addition until just combined. Beat in pumpkin. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- In the 6 mini loaf pans I baked for 35 minutes and then checked and baked for another 4 minutes. In 2 loaf pans I would bake for 50 minutes and then check. It depends on your oven. When done, cool in the pans on a wire rack.
- Enjoy plain or with butter! This is a sweet bread!
This was so very easy to make. Thank you for posting. I find that it is best served warm with lots of butter. My son is eating it right up. Nice - almost subtle taste of the pumpkin mix. It is very comforting. We will make this again. I made it exactly as the recipe. I did have to bake mine for 65 min.