Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is for people who are allergic to corn products. It is quick and easy and makes a pudding that is easy and tastes better than any I have ever tasted.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks or 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend sugar, flour, and salt in a microwave safe bowl.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave on high 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir every 3 minutes until mixture is smooth and clear.
- Temper egg then combine.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Stir every minute till thickened.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into serving dishes.
- Butterscotch Pudding Same as above except use Brown Sugar in place of White Sugar, and add 3 Tbsp of Butter instead of 2.
- Cream of rice pudding Same as above only use 2 1/2 Cups of milk instead of 2, and stir in 2 Cups of cooked rice.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I LOVE pudding and have truly missed it since I found out I'm allergic to corn. Do you have any suggestions for a chocolate version?
Crazychef Jeys made this recipe for me and it is very tasty. So far, I've only had the vanilla - can't wait to have it as rice pudding. Hint, hint. ;)