1/1 Photo of Easy Primavera Penne
An easy and inexpensive low-cal dish that highlights spring veggies. Feel free to mix in things to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g uncooked penne pasta
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml yellow squash, sliced
- 236.59 ml zucchini, sliced
- 141.74 g spinach
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes (Italian style is great here)
- 14.79 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) or 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to al dente package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic til tender.
- 3Add squash, zucchini, and spinach. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add whole can of tomatoes, with juice.
- 5Add drained pasta to skillet. Cover and let simmer until veggies are tender and pasta is done.
- 6Season to taste, garnish, and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Primavera Penne
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g