Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
The pressure cooker is my new favorite kitchen tool. This is a variation of the candied yam recipe that came with the cooker. Its just a little sweet with a good strong orange flavor
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate (I use reduced sodium Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium yams
- Peel and roughly chop the yams.
- Place all ingredients in the pressure cooker.
- Put the lid on and seal it.
- Bring to full pressure over high heat then reduce heat to minimum required to maintain pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- Depressurize under cold running water.
- Puree with stick blender.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.