Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It makes its own gravy while cooking! You can add other vegetables if you want, they just come out with gravy all over them. You won't need to add salt, it is in the gravy mix.
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast (bone free)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef stock (low sodium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- To seal roast, sear all sides in skillet with a little oil.
- Place roast in pressure cooker pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and gravy mix.
- Pour beef stock over.
- Toss onions, carrots and any other items you want.
- Seal pan and bring pressure up to gentle rocking and then lower down to medium and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Run under cold water to release the pressure and serve.
- If the gravy is not thick enough for you, add some cornstarch or flour with a little water and heat until thicker.
I dropped the gravy mix and added some additional seasonings. It was wonderful. I also added diced potatoes for the last 10 minutes then used the juice to make my own gravy. Doing this is a little more work but I like gravy only on my meat and potatoes.
Loved it but...gravey a little too runny. Any solutions?
This was so easy. I have used my pressure cooker once since I got it years ago. This recipe will make me use it again and again. I didn't have any beef stock or an onion so I used a package of onion soup mix and chicken stock and it came out great. The gravy was awesome I did thicken it with a little corn starch.