Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful, simple dessert, and so good served with ice cream or whipped cream! The ingredients may be doubled to serve more than four.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml clove
- 118.29 ml milk or 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
- 4-5 medium firm pears, peeled and cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans (or to taste)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, softened (no subs!)
- 177.44 ml boiling water
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine first 6 ingredients; add in milk and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in chopped pears and pecans; toss to combine.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- In another bowl combine brown sugar, butter and water; pour over the batter in the dish.
- Bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes.
Delicious - certainly 5 star especially with cream. I used almonds and fresh diced pears and it was so easy and made a generous amount.