Recipe by pansies
This probably wouldn't qualify as high quality to a true pound cake aficionado but considering it is a made from scratch but no fuss cake it is really not bad. Easy! Everything goes into the mixer bowl at once and is blended for a few minutes before pouring into the pan!
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted unbleached flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, well softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except Glaze ingredients into the large bowl of an electric mixer. Blend at low speed for a minute then beat at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally with spatula, for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt or tube pan. Bake at 325 F for 60 to 70 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched lightly in the centre.
- Cool upright in pan on a cake rack for 15 minutes then turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- To make glaze, mix confectioners' sugar with enough lemon juice to make desired drizzling consistency. Place cake on serving plate and drizzle with glaze. Makes 12 to 16 servings, depending on how you slice them.