Recipe by Cj Jackson
Tired of mashed, baked and fried potatoes? Well I was. This recipe came to me through experimentation. I have taken this side dish to pot-lucks, various outings, and picnics and I am always asked for the recipe. Excellent side dish and VERY EASY to make. Hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Rosemary Chapman
These "Easy Potatoes" were just that - easy and quick. My family enjoyed them. I sprinkled paprika over them before baking. I might also try them again with shredded cheddar cheese and/or hot chillies or a little cut up jalapeno for a change.
- 10 medium thin skin potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut up onions and pepper (chunky).
- Place stick of margarine into gallon-size zip lock bag and place in microwave until melted.
- Add potatoes, green pepper, onions and onion soup mix in bag.
- Mix throughly in bag.
- Empty contents of bag into glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.