Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tired of mashed, baked and fried potatoes? Well I was. This recipe came to me through experimentation. I have taken this side dish to pot-lucks, various outings, and picnics and I am always asked for the recipe. Excellent side dish and VERY EASY to make. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 10 medium thin skin potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut up onions and pepper (chunky).
- Place stick of margarine into gallon-size zip lock bag and place in microwave until melted.
- Add potatoes, green pepper, onions and onion soup mix in bag.
- Mix throughly in bag.
- Empty contents of bag into glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
These "Easy Potatoes" were just that - easy and quick. My family enjoyed them. I sprinkled paprika over them before baking. I might also try them again with shredded cheddar cheese and/or hot chillies or a little cut up jalapeno for a change.
Great easy way to dress up potatoes. A real 'put in the oven' and forget til dinner is ready recipe. Enjoyed the taste of the green pepper with the onion soup mix. Cheers JenT :)
I modified based on pantry item abailability - I loved the flavour of these potatoes based on my mods - two peeled 2" peeled cubed russet potatoes, a tired looking yellow pepper and a tired looking medium cooking onion cubed roughly, a half packet of dry onion soup mix, a 1/4 packet of dry Knorr tomato vegetable soup mix, and glugged enough olive oil over the mixture to make it cook (about 1/4 cup). I used a 8 x 9" glass dish and cooked it for appox 1 h 15 mins and shuffled the mixture about twice. Very yummy - it was served with grilled chimichuri marinated beef short ribs and broiled asparagus w/ steak spice and parmesan cheese - it was so so yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe idea!