Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
There is nothing fancy about this, but it's delicious and takes little time to throw together! Use a frozen mixture of the larger cuts of veggies like broccoli, green beans, onions for this. Instead of the Derkee dried onion topping, you can use 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal mixed with 1/4 cup melted butter and about 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese. To make this into a main meal sprinkle 2-3 cups cooked chopped chicken over the veggies in the dish.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed (use country-style hash browns)
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups dried French fried onion rings (use Derkee onions)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter in the oven in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish until melted (this should take about 5 minutes).
- Remove the dish from oven and spread the thawed hash browns over the butter in the dish.
- Sprinkle the thawed veggies evenly over the hash browns.
- In a bowl mix together the undiluted soup with sour cream and cheddar cheese until well combined; season with black pepper and salt; spread evenly over the veggies.
- Top with crushed dried onion rings (as much as you wish).
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.