Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple recipe, but so-o good! Make this and transfer it to your crockpot to keep warm. This is a really welcome soup on cold winter's nights. Don't forget some crusty bread or oyster crackers!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (Yukon gold suggested)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 quart milk (4 cups)
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz.)
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes and onions in just enough water to cover. Do NOT drain.
- Add remaining ingredients saving the sour cream for last. Whisk in the sour cream and do not allow to boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring often.