1/1 Photo of Easy Potato Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Nancy Sneed's Note:
Delish! Prep time includes rising and shaping. Begin checking after 20 minutes baking and cook til golden. This came from a book called Meat and Potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream sugar& shortening.
- 2Add potatoes, salt and eggs.
- 3In a small bowl dissolve yeast in 2/3 cups warm water; add to creamed mixture.
- 4Beat in 2 cups flour & remaining water.
- 5Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 6Shape into ball.
- 7(Don't knead) Put in greased bowl and turn to grease top.
- 8Cover and rise 1 hour.
- 9Punch down.
- 10Divide into 3 parts.
- 11Shape each part into 15 balls and put into 3 pans.
- 12Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 13Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- 14Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- 15(I use instant mashed potatoes, prepared).
- 16May be frozen.
- 17I also make them earlier than needed and cook them only until firm so I can finish cooking them just before my meal.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Potato Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g