Delish! Prep time includes rising and shaping. Begin checking after 20 minutes baking and cook til golden. This came from a book called Meat and Potatoes.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar& shortening.
- Add potatoes, salt and eggs.
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast in 2/3 cups warm water; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat in 2 cups flour & remaining water.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Shape into ball.
- (Don't knead) Put in greased bowl and turn to grease top.
- Cover and rise 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Divide into 3 parts.
- Shape each part into 15 balls and put into 3 pans.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- (I use instant mashed potatoes, prepared).
- May be frozen.
- I also make them earlier than needed and cook them only until firm so I can finish cooking them just before my meal.