Delish! Prep time includes rising and shaping. Begin checking after 20 minutes baking and cook til golden. This came from a book called Meat and Potatoes.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar& shortening.
- Add potatoes, salt and eggs.
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast in 2/3 cups warm water; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat in 2 cups flour & remaining water.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Shape into ball.
- (Don't knead) Put in greased bowl and turn to grease top.
- Cover and rise 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Divide into 3 parts.
- Shape each part into 15 balls and put into 3 pans.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- (I use instant mashed potatoes, prepared).
- May be frozen.
- I also make them earlier than needed and cook them only until firm so I can finish cooking them just before my meal.
These are sooooo good! I ate two of them, and wanted more, but I just didnt end up having enough room! LOL I made this with instant mashed potatoes. I also do not use the packages of yeast, and I put in 4 tsp of yeast, and it worked out perfectly! They rose wonderfully and smelled so good throughout the house while they were baking in the oven. Thank you so much for an easy recipe that I will use time and time again! I am posting a picture for you!