Recipe by Stars-n-Atoms
Potato mixture baked into pastry, like a potato filled crescent. A vegetarian play on the Cornish Pasty Pie. This recipe is so easy and a great addition to a brunch menu.
- 3 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed thyme
- 2 teaspoons johnny's seasoning
- 1 teaspoon bacon salt (vegetarian smoked salt)
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package pillsbury big & flaky crescent roll (makes 6 rolls)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a saute pan heat Olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute
- Add frozen O'Brien potato mix, Thyme, Johnny's seasoning, bacon salt, salt & pepper.
- Cooking until golden brown, aprox 15 minutes.
- Take mixture off of heat and let cool a couple minutes.
- On waxed paper, separate and lay out raw triangular crescent pastry pieces.
- With a rolling pin roll out each triangle to about 1" bigger on all sides.
- Prep cookie sheet with non stick spray.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons of potato filling in center of large end of triangle. Fold in the two corners of the large end over top of potato mound. Then roll toward the small end of triangle. (same movement as if you were making a crescent roll).
- Place all pasties on cookie sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of Sea Salt.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees Farenheit for 16-19 minutes.