1/3 Photos of Easy Potato Pancakes
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
For some reason I could never make potato pancakes from leftover mashed potatoes.But when I tried this recipe in 2007 Taste of Home Cookbook, that was sent to them from Marlene Harguth of Maynard Minnesota I knew I had found a winner. This recipe was made as written,but I think it would be really good with some finely chopped onion and some ground black pepper. I recently made this again and added what was optional onion, now the onion isn't optional. It's much better with the onion. Submitted to "ZAAR" on February 9th, 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the hashbrown potatoes in a strainer,rinse with cold water until thawed.
- 2Drain thoroughly, if needed sqeeze extra liquid out with your hands.
- 3Place drained potatoes in a large bowl.
- 4Add flour,eggs,butter,water and salt, onions and pepper add now and mix well.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil, flatten slightly.
- 7Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- 8Drain pancakes on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 466.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g