Recipe by DoryJean54
An easy & quick way to make potato dumplings for your favorite recipe or good just baked as a casserole for a side dish.
Top Review by mandabears
another great mind that thinks like me. i actually have this recipe and was going to round tuit and post. thanks for saving me the trouble. the leftovers, if you have any are great sliced in half and browned in butter.
- 1 cup instant instant potato flakes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Potato Buds & hot water.
- Add remaining ingredients in given order, mix well.
- Form into 2-inch balls with hands, flour hands occasionally so dough doesn't stick.
- Cook in boiling salted water until they rise to the top.
- Remove dumplings from water with a slotted spoon & place in butter casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs & keep layering melted butter, dumplings & crumbs.
- Cover with foil & bake at 325* for 5-10 minutes.