Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
This has been a long time favourite in my house, it's a great way to use up any leftover potato chips ;-) You can season the crushed potato chips with black pepper if desired.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish (for 3-4 breasts).
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Coat all sides of the chicken in sour cream.
- Coat with crushed potato chips.
- Place chicken in greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 mins, then reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake for 10-15 mins longer.
- While the chicken is baking, melt butter; add garlic powder to butter, mix.
- Set oven back to 450 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven; brush with melted butter/garlic mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 5 mins, or until chicken is golden brown.
These weren't bad, but they weren't as good as I had hoped. They were messy but easy and fun to make. I cut my chicken breasts into strips, but one container of sour cream was still plenty, and I used up the leftover potato chips like I wanted. I used regular flavored store-brand ruffled chips, and I too found that they weren't as crispy as I might have expected. And the leftover pieces were soggy upon reheating, of course. I would happily eat it again if served, but I probably won't make it again myself.
This was very good. Added some garlic powder and onion powder and pepper to the sour cream mixture. The chips on the top came out very cruchy and yummy. Wonder how it would do with baked chips? This will be added into the meal rotation. Thank you!
I like that this is low fat as well as being tasteful to everyone, little ones included. Thanks.. great recipe!