Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This has been a long time favourite in my house, it's a great way to use up any leftover potato chips ;-) You can season the crushed potato chips with black pepper if desired.
Top Review by carolineesmith84
I love food.com and I love this Recipe! I used a mixture of small bags (as it was all I had) of sour cream and onion, bbq and regular chips. I added some salt pepper and garlic plus herbs to the sour cream as well. My family loved This! Ps I also used local organic chicken Breast. Thanks for this recipe!
- 1 (20 ounce) package potato chips, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish (for 3-4 breasts).
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Coat all sides of the chicken in sour cream.
- Coat with crushed potato chips.
- Place chicken in greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 mins, then reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake for 10-15 mins longer.
- While the chicken is baking, melt butter; add garlic powder to butter, mix.
- Set oven back to 450 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven; brush with melted butter/garlic mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 5 mins, or until chicken is golden brown.