Recipe by Nana Lee
"A quick-to-fix potatoes casserole that tastes like twice baked potatoes, but without all of the work." VARIATIONS: Southwest Style Easy Potato Bake and a healthy version.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F
- Mix sour cream, cheese, soup and onions in large bowl.
- Add potatoes; mix well.
- SPOON into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- BAKE 45 minutes.
- Toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- HEALTHY LIVING TIP:.
- Save 40 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving by preparing with Reduced Fat or Light Sour Cream, 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese and reduced fat condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Southwest Style Easy Potato Bake
- Prepare as directed, using Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, adding 1 can (4 oz.) undrained chopped green chilies to the potato mixture and substituting 1 cup crushed tortilla chips for the crushed corn flakes.