Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A one dish potato bake with minimal preparation which can be prepared ahead. Foolproof.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 354.88 ml chopped ham
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Slice potatoes into 3/4 inch pieces. Slice onion thinly and split into rings.
- Combine potatoes and onions and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Remove from microwave, stir through sour cream , ham, and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place in greased baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- This dish can be prepared ahead and refrigerated until ready for the oven. Quantities can be adjusted with potatoes and cheese as desired.
yum! Made as directed. Couldn't be easier.
Gave this a 5-star rating because my DH actually asked for seconds! I think I will add some onion or maybe rosemary next time for some more flavor. Thank you for supper! Made this for Fall PAC '08.
This was such a hit. The onions get nice and sweet, the potatoes are lovely and soft, and all of it is so creamy, cheesy, and delicious. I did learn something important, though. Even if you're using four instead of six, don't use big baking potatoes. The slices end up way too big! I'll use smaller ones next time, and I think it will be much prettier to look at.