Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a great side dish. Serve it along with your chicken, pork or tritip. A great alternative to mashed potatoes.
- 1 (16 ounce) sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Mix sour cream, cheese, soup and onions in large bowl. Add potatoes; mix well.
- SPOON into greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- BAKE 45 minutes.
- Toss crumbs with butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes
- Variation Southwest Style Easy Potato Bake
- Prepare as directed, using KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, adding 1 can (4 oz.) undrained chopped green chilies to the potato mixture and substituting 1 cup crushed tortilla chips for the crushed corn flakes.
I did use only about half the sour cream for this recipe after reading Nimz's review. This worked out well and we enjoyed the potatoes. I also added some black pepper, lemon pepper, and garlic powder to the sour cream mixture. I baked the potatoes for about an hour than topped with the crumbs and baked the additional 15 minutes. A nice side dish!
This was very easy to put together. We found that the sour cream overwhelmed the flavor of the potatoes. Some of the potatoes didn't get done either. All in all a nice side dish. Thanks for sharing one of your recipes.