1/1 Photo of Easy Pot Roast for Oven or Crock Pot
2 hrs 20 mins
For best results use Certified Angus Beef ® brand http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes/recipedetail.aspx?id=593
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs english roast, Certified Angus Beef
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, Lea & Perrins
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Season roast heavily with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a dutch oven. Sear roast for a couple minutes on each side over medium-high heat. The roast should be nicely browned on all sides. Transfer roast to large plate.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the pot, stirring over medium heat until onions are soft. Stir in flour and tomato paste followed by broth, water and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and scrape seared bits from bottom of pot. Add roast back to pot, cover tightly and place in oven. (Optional: use a slow cooker instead of the oven. Sear beef in heavy bottom sauté pan, follow instructions above then transfer to slow cooker, low for 6 to 7 hours until tender.).
- 4Cook for 2 hours, turn roast, add rosemary and cook approximately one more hour, until completely tender.
- 5Transfer roast to cutting board and tent with foil. Remove rosemary and, using a ladle, skim fat from liquid. Place dutch oven on stovetop and bring to a boil.
- 6Slice roast against the grain or pull in bite-size pieces. Serve with reduced sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pot Roast for Oven or Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 1281.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 43.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: