Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
My mom used to make this dish all the time. It's simple to make and yummy to eat. Enjoy!
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can button mushroom
- Season meat with a little soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Brown meat on all sides in 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Rub onion soup mix over meat on all sides.
- Place meat in roasting pan.
- Add 1 can mushroom soup over meat.
- Add about 1/2 can water to pan.
- Add button mushrooms on top of meat.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
We loved this dish!! This was my first bottom round roast which was 3.85 pounds and much thicker than I'm used to. I felt 3 and 1/2 hours at 350 degrees would be too long, so I googled to see what others suggested. I've always baked a roast 30 minutes for each pound. That would be 2 hours for this roast, so I compromised at 2 and 1/2 hours and it was perfect!! I also used a whole can of water instead of 1/2 can. It was SO juicy and flavorful I will definitely make this many times again.
This was good! Easy to throw all the ingredients together and makes a wonderful gravy. Good to serve over mashed potatoes or white rice. I don't think I would change a thing. Made for PAC Fall 2007