Recipe by SocaliJL
My mom used to make this dish all the time. It's simple to make and yummy to eat. Enjoy!
Top Review by Keep It Simple
We loved this dish!! This was my first bottom round roast which was 3.85 pounds and much thicker than I'm used to. I felt 3 and 1/2 hours at 350 degrees would be too long, so I googled to see what others suggested. I've always baked a roast 30 minutes for each pound. That would be 2 hours for this roast, so I compromised at 2 and 1/2 hours and it was perfect!! I also used a whole can of water instead of 1/2 can. It was SO juicy and flavorful I will definitely make this many times again.
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can button mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Season meat with a little soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Brown meat on all sides in 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Rub onion soup mix over meat on all sides.
- Place meat in roasting pan.
- Add 1 can mushroom soup over meat.
- Add about 1/2 can water to pan.
- Add button mushrooms on top of meat.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 3 1/2- 4 hours.