Recipe by AnneMeansGrace
My mom gave me this recipe when she gave me a crock pot. It's really good! I can cook all day while I'm at work and come home to dinner.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
We had this for Easter dinner, and it was fabulous. The roast was fork tender and very moist and flavorful. I omitted the sliced celery because my family doesn't usually eat cooked celery. But otherwise followed the recipe instructions as written, and it was a fabulous meal. Thanks AnneMeanGrace. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, sliced or 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 cups water
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put roast, potatoes, carrots, and celery in slow cooker.
- Add onion soup mix and water.
- Cover, cook on low 6-8 hours.
- To thicken juices for gravy, remove meat and vegetables to serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour juices into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Mix 2-3 Tbs flour with 1/4 cup cold water until smooth.
- Stir into juices in pan until thickened.