Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a fast recipe that does not require any basting and hardly any prep and makes a great gravy! This goes great with baked potatoes and your favorite vegetable.
- 3 lbs chuck roast or 3 lbs cross-rib roasts
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Place roast in large pot.
- Pour mushroom soup and onion soup packet over the roast.
- Cook at 350 degrees covered for 1 1/2 hours (or 1/2 hour for each pound).
This is always a recipe that is nice to have when you need to get something ready for dinner quickly. It makes its own gravy. I also have cooked this in my crockpot on Low for 8 hours.
When I saw your easy recipe, I figured I would give this a try. I used my own mixture of no-salt onion soup mix, and it turned out delicious. dh loved it. I added a pkg. of brown gravy mix and it made the gravy so tasty. I'm always looking for easy recipes with the least work. Thanks
I did sear the roast b-4 putting it in the pot. And I added a bit of water and a bit of coke about 1/2-way thru the cooking process. The gravy was great. My family loved it. So easy, and so good!