Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easiest pot roast ever!! If your a beginner in the kitchen (or not) this is the pot roast recipe for you ;-)
- 4 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I use beefy onion flavor)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced thin
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season the roast with the dry seasonings (don't overdo).
- Sprinkle the dry soup mix onto the meat.
- Spread mushroom soup over the top and add onions.
- Add water, cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for three hours.
- Add any desired vegetables (potatoes, carrots, etc.) during the last hour of cooking.
This is wonderful! I think it will be my favorite pot roast to make from now on!!! I made it last weekend and my husband just loved it!!!
I love Pot Roast and I must say, I this the easiest recipe for Pot Roast I've ever tried! Juicy, tender and flavorful! My husband and son loved it, too. I will definitely make this recipe again!
This was delicious and oh so very tender!!