Recipe by tweetyfan
I came up with this recipe after tasting a friend's that used pie crusts, but I didn't want the hassle of frozen veggies like her recipe called for. This is a pretty easy recipe that calls for ingredients that are already on hand.
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 2 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes (or beef)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked beef
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease the bottom of a 1 1/2 qt pan and fit one pie crust in bottom and up the sides.
- Bring water and bouillon cubes to a boil.
- Mix milk and flour together(I put in a container with a lid and shake it for about a minute) .
- When bouillon cubes are dissolved, reduce heat and add butter and milk and flour mixture.
- Stir until thickened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetables and meat and mix together.
- Pour into pan lined with the pie crust and fit the 2nd crust on top.
- Put in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.