Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very easy to throw together! I don't use the polenta though, I serve over rice.
Make and share this Easy Pork Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb pork shoulder, for stew cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces (I've also used pork steaks)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 sweet green pepper, seeded and cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (12 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant polenta, cooked following package directions
- Cook bacon in a 4 quart saucepan until crispy. Remove bacon to paper toweling; when cool, crumble and reserve for garnish.
- Combine flour and salt in plastic bag. Add pork and shake to coat.
- Heat suacepan with bacon fat over medium-high heat. Add pork, in a single layer and cok until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Add onion, garlic and green pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Crush tomatoes with spoon, then add to stew with their juice and vinegar and cayenne. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 2 1/4 hours or until pork is tender and the tomatoes are slightly thickened.
- Serve stew over the prepared polenta.