Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Easy recipe for mouth watering pork ribs
- salt (I use gray salt, an unprocessed sea salt from France)
- black pepper
- 1 pork rib rack (about 3 pounds)
- 20 freshly cut pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons water
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- 12 ounces of your favorite barbecue sauce (I like the one made by Jack Daniels)
- First - have your butcher remove the "silver skin" from the back of the ribs.
- Rub salt and pepper modestly on both sides of ribs (or use a readily available meat rub from a good grocery store.
- tear off several sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil - put a couple of tablespoons of water on the aluminum foil.
- place ribs on the foil (the water will be under the "arch.".
- put numerous strips of fresh pineapple on top of the ribs.
- tightly seal the ribs in the aluminum foil.
- put in a pre-heated 275 degree oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- remove from oven, and carefully open the aluminum foil package.
- push the pineapple strips aside, and pour a liberal amount of sauce on the ribs - replace the pineapple.
- reseal the aluminum "package" and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes).
- remove the package from the oven - put on as baking sheet - turn on the broiler - broil (about 6 inches from broiler elements) for 3-5 minutes, or put on grill for the same time, until the sauce is bubbling.