Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is such an easy and tasty meal I love to make in the fall when apples are in abundance. I believe it came from an old Taste of Home magazine.
- 4 pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick, I use boneless
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I've also used rosemary)
- Heat oven to 350. Season each pork chop with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine stuffing mix, chicken broth, apple, onion and parsley; mix well.
- Place half of stuffing mixture in greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Place pork chops on top and spoon remaining stuffing over the chops.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes.
It was very easy to make and my husband really liked it. I added about a 1/2 cup of apples to what was called for and I added dried cranberries. Next time I will rehydrate the cranberries because some of them were a little too chewy, but a good addition. I would say cook between 30-45 min though.