Recipe by smartblonde #2
This is a really easy recipe to make. The pork chops come out really moist. This originally came from allrecipes.com but I changed a few things. You can use whatever flavor Mrs Dash you like, we use the onion & herb.Also my husband put parmasean cheese on his but he puts cheese on everything.
Top Review by swik314
This recipe was delish! Chops were very tender, and this meal was very tasty. I omitted the salt, as I really don't use too much salt when cooking. Will make this again... I have learned over the years to not use russet potatoes in casseroles... too starchy, and will break apart and become "mushy"... yukon gold, red, or white potatoes are not as starchy, and to me, hold up to the task, and will withstand the casserole recipes, resulting in a creamier texture. Will make this again.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 1 small onion, thin sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 dash paprika
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a sauce pan melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add salt, pepper and flour. Pour in the chicken broth, cook and stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In skillet brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from skillet. Saute onions in drippings, reserve.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan with olive oil spray. Layer potatoes and carrots. Pour chicken broth mixture over potatoes and carrots. Place pork chops on top and the onions on top of the pork chops. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.