1 hr 30 mins
smartblonde #2's Note:
This is a really easy recipe to make. The pork chops come out really moist. This originally came from allrecipes.com but I changed a few things. You can use whatever flavor Mrs Dash you like, we use the onion & herb.Also my husband put parmasean cheese on his but he puts cheese on everything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 1 small onion, thin sliced
- 4 -5 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 dash paprika
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a sauce pan melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add salt, pepper and flour. Pour in the chicken broth, cook and stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In skillet brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from skillet. Saute onions in drippings, reserve.
- 4Grease a 13 x 9 pan with olive oil spray. Layer potatoes and carrots. Pour chicken broth mixture over potatoes and carrots. Place pork chops on top and the onions on top of the pork chops. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 5Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pork Chops & Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.9
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 1422.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 60.3 g