Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 medium baking potatoes, sliced
- 6 pork chops
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- Place onion on bottom of slow cooker.
- Add potatoes.
- Top vegetables with chops.
- Dilute soup with water or milk; pour over chops.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Fluffy, great recipe! Son was visiting and love it. DH Loved it too. I used 6 porkchops, 1 family size cream of chicken soup and canned potatoes. cooked 4 hrs Hi. and down to low for 2 hrs. very very tender. Thanks
I was only going to give this three stars, but DH seemed to like it and even was okay with having the leftovers in his lunch today! That's always a plus! I will make this again, since I wasn't feeling well and needed a "dump and go" type recipe where I didn't have to put the chops in the skillet beforehand. I think next time I'll brown the chops first and try some extra seasonings. Thanks!
Really nice flavour! Because I wanted to omit the onion, I added 1 tsp of seasoning salt & 1 tsp of garlic powder to the potatoes. Really easy dish! Unfortunately, the finished product is quite grayish in colour.